WE ARE SO CONFIDENT IN THE QUALITY OF OUR PRODUCTS, SHOULD ONE EVER FAIL TO MEET YOUR PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS, CALL US AT 815-459-6143 TO ARRANGE FOR A NO-CHARGE FACTORY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF YOUR PRODUCT.
This warranty statement is unprecedented. You will not find it offered by any other emergency lighting manufacturer.
Big Beam Emergency Systems Inc. (BBESI) guarantees the satisfactory operation of our emergency lighting products for a lifetime. If one should ever fail to operate, we will repair or replace it at no cost.
Upon inspection of material, BBESI will either repair or replace any unit or part found to be defective. The decision to repair or replace material is solely at our discretion. If material is obsolete and beyond repair at the time of return, we will replace it with the closest similar material available.
BBESI is not responsible for incoming freight charges. Components damaged by any use of the product other than for it’s intended function, or by the owner’s failure to maintain the unit in the manner and frequency prescribed by the instructions supplied at the time of purchase are not covered. Repair or replacement costs associated with such material will be based on BBESI’s net prices at the time of the work performed.
BBESI will not be held responsible, or assume any liability, for material damaged in transit, caused by acts of God; rework or repairs performed on material without our prior, written consent; damage to associated equipment or material; loss of profit; or any other damages and claims.
PLASTIC PRODUCTS & GENERAL LIGHTING
- 5 years
- 10 years
Warranty varies depending on model
- 5 Years: EFB40, EPLB13, & EPLB26
- 5 Years: EFB80 & EPLB42
- 5 Years: EFB40-2
- 5 Years: ELB LED Backup Drivers
- UPS systems – full 1-year warranty from the date of shipment.
- Approved turn on service required on all inverter systems rated 5kVA and higher in order to validate warranty.
When provided as part of a unit and placed into service within 120 days from the date of purchase, rechargeable batteries are covered by the following warranty:
The pro-rata portion of the battery warranty is on a straight line basis, which means that, should the battery fail within the warranty period, we will make an equal percentage per year adjustment based on the remaining full year unused portion of the warranty. (Example: a battery with a 5-year pro-rata warranty, that is older than 24 months but not older than 36 months, would have a 2-year (40%) warranty remaining).
|Sealed Lead Calcium||1 Year||5 Year|
|Sealed Nickel Cadmium||1 Year||10 Year|
|Sealed Pure Lead||1 Year||5 Year|
|Refillable Lead Acid||1 Year||7 Year|
|Refillable Nickel Cadmium||1 Year||10 Year|
BBESI specifically does not warranty dry cell batteries, magnetic ballasts, light bulbs, lamps, or fluorescent tubes, in that they are normal replacement items with a finite life, and because there is no way to determine if these items have been misused.
TO ACTIVATE A WARRANTY
Complete the warranty card (when supplied) and mail it to BBESI. All products requiring a specific method of installation and/or periodic maintenance come with instruction sheets or maintenance log cards, which will be your verification of proper upkeep of the unit.
Maintain the log card supplied with your equipment. It acts as a constant reminder to keep your unit functioning properly, and becomes a legal and historical service record of your equipment.
TO INITIATE A WARRANTY CLAIM
(1) Should a malfunction occur, first check to see that some simple, obvious, or routine step in the normal operating procedure has not been overlooked – a blown fuse, burned out lamp, inoperative battery, etc.
(2) Should a malfunction be present, call or write us requesting authorization to return the unit to us. Please include the following information with your request:
- Model Number
- Manufacturing Date Code/Serial Number
- Date of Installation
- Symptoms of malfunction
(3) Upon receipt of your request, BBESI will issue a Return Material Authorization (RMA). This is your authorization to return material to us.
(4) Upon receipt of our written RMA form, ship the inoperative material pre-paid to:
Big Beam Emergency Systems, Inc.
290 East Prairie Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
(5) Follow all RMA Instructions carefully. Failure to comply with the instructions on the form may cause damage to the equipment and void your warranty. In all cases, your warranty is immediately void if equipment is returned to the factory with a battery installed inside the unit.
(6) Clearly mark our RMA number on the outside of the carton(s). Enclose a copy of the RMA with the equipment.
Returned material will not be accepted unless a valid RMA number is clearly visible on the outside of all packaging.